Rules and Regulations
1. Only 7th – 12th graders may play.
2. Each team must have an adult coach.
3. The game will be started by an announcement over the P.A. system.
4. Games will be 16 minutes with 4 minutes in between.
5. One 1-minute timeout is allowed per game (except the last 2 minutes).
6. No individual may serve more than five consecutive serves. The next person in the rotation will take over after the fifth serve.
7. All balls will be returned by rolling under the net. If your game ball rolls into another court, wait and retrieve it once the neighboring court is clear.
8. Open hand hits are allowed.
9. No breaking of the plane of the net, either above or below.
10. If a ball hits the ceiling or other hanging obstruction, it is still in play if it remains on the possessing team’s side and there are hits left. If it goes over the net after hitting the ceiling it is a dead ball.
11. If the ball is in play at the announced end of the game, play out the volley.
12. Teams do NOT need to win by two points (except in the Championship and Consolation Games).
13. No player may compete for more than one team.
14. The use of profane language or any improper conduct will be grounds for ejection.
15. Teens are not permitted to leave the building without an adult.